Rubber Spider Coupling Characteristic:
1. Performance Shock Absorber
2. Low Compression Deformation
3. Corrosion Resistance
4. Oil Resistance
5. High Pressure Resistance
6. Wear Resistance
Rubber Material Compare
|E – Excellent G – Good F – Fair P – Poor|
|Compression Set Resistance||G||G||F||G||E||G||G||F||G||G||F|
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements. All products are compliant
with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS and ASTM regulations. Material report and dimension
checking report are available.
1. Quality Approvals. More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
2. Experienced Staff and Service. Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
3. Product Performance and affordable cost. Superior performance with most competitive price.
4. Prompt Delivery. Faster delivery time.
5. Small Orders Accepted.
|Material||Rubber Metal Bonded, NR Rubber, SBR Rubber, Carbon Steel, Stailess Steel|
|Material Report||FDA, ROHS, UL, WRAS and REACH|
|Dimension||Standard Sizes or As per customers’ Requirement|
|Color||Any colors according to PANTONE or RAL|
|Surface Finish||Texture (VDI/MT standard, or made to client’s sample), polished (high polish, mirror polish), smooth, painting, powder coating, printing, electroplating etc.|
|Service||Custom Made or OEM and ODM|
|Production Ways||CAD Drawing, 3D Files or Samples|
|Production Capacity||200T,300T and 500T Compressing Molding, Injection Molding, Auto Vacuum Vulcanizing, Plastic Injection, and Extrusion|
|Supplying Capacity||One Million Pieces/ Month|
|Tolerance||Generally±0.05mm or Better|
|QC||PPAP, In House Control, Third Party Inspection Institution such SGS, TUV|
|Lead Time||15 Days for Molding, 15-20 Days for Series Production|
|Application||Industry Machinery,Automotive,Mechanical Equipment, Construction, House Application,
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer,
Strip, plug, stopper, grip, seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
Supplying Standard and Customized Rubber & Plastic Parts
Established in 2004, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber is specialized in providing quality customized rubber molding,
extrusion parts, plastic injection products and some standard parts.
Meeting Various Standards
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements.
Our products are compliant with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS
, BS and ASTM regulations.
Parts include, but are not limited to:
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer, Strip, plug, stopper, grip,
seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
1. What types of rubber do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of rubber, including: Natural Rubber, SBR, CR, NBR, HNBR,
EPDM, Silicone Rubber, FPM, ACM, FK etc.
2. What types of plastic do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of plastics, including: ABS, Polypropylene (PP), PVC, POM,
PE, PEEK, Polyamide (PA) Nylons, PBT, etc.
3. What services do you provide?
We offer a broad range of services, including, Custom Rubber Molding, Liquid Injection Molding, Rubber Extrusion, and
Rubber/Plastic to Metal Bonded Parts.
4. Why us?
4.1 More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
4.2 Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
4.3 Superior performance with most competitive price.
4.4 Faster delivery time.
5. Perfect quality control process
5.1 Raw material inspection
All raw materials before warehousing must be tested, and the corresponding physical property report shall be issued,
and compared with the physical property report of raw materials. Only when the test values of the 2 physical property
reports are consistent, can they be warehoused.
5.2 Mold inspection
After mold development or cleaning, we will check the full size of the mold to ensure that the quality of each cavity is
5.3 Product inspection
In the process of product production, inspectors regularly inspect the semi-finished products to ensure the rationality
of the process and control the defective rate within a reasonable range.
5.4 Finished product inspection
The double inspection can ensure that the product appearance and size are 100% qualified.
What are the temperature and environmental limitations of flexible couplings?
Flexible couplings are designed to operate within certain temperature and environmental limitations to ensure optimal performance and longevity. The specific limitations may vary depending on the type and material of the coupling. Here are the general considerations:
- Temperature Range: The temperature range in which a flexible coupling can operate is crucial. High temperatures can affect the material properties, leading to reduced flexibility and potential failure. Low temperatures can cause the material to become brittle and lose its ability to accommodate misalignment. It’s essential to choose a coupling suitable for the intended temperature range of the application.
- Corrosive Environments: In environments with corrosive substances, such as acids, chemicals, or saltwater, it is essential to select a flexible coupling made of materials that are resistant to corrosion. Stainless steel and certain polymers are commonly used in such environments to prevent degradation and maintain the coupling’s integrity.
- Hygienic Environments: For applications in food processing, pharmaceuticals, or cleanrooms, hygienic design is critical. Flexible couplings used in these environments should be easy to clean, made of materials that are non-toxic and resistant to contamination, and free from crevices or pockets where debris can accumulate.
- Explosive or Hazardous Atmospheres: In environments where explosive or hazardous gases, vapors, or dust are present, flexible couplings with anti-static properties or explosion-proof certifications may be necessary to prevent the risk of ignition and ensure safety.
- Outdoor Applications: For outdoor installations, flexible couplings should be able to withstand exposure to weather conditions, UV radiation, and temperature fluctuations. Couplings with weather-resistant properties are suitable for such applications.
- High-Speed Applications: In high-speed applications, the centrifugal forces on the flexible coupling increase with rotational speed. Couplings designed for high-speed applications should be balanced to minimize vibrations and ensure smooth operation.
- Shock and Impact Loads: Flexible couplings used in applications with significant shock or impact loads should have the ability to dampen and absorb these forces to protect connected equipment from damage.
- Continuous vs. Intermittent Duty: Some flexible couplings are designed for continuous-duty applications, while others are suitable for intermittent duty or start-stop operations. The coupling’s design and material should match the specific duty cycle requirements.
It is essential to consult with the coupling manufacturer or supplier to understand the temperature and environmental limitations of a specific coupling model. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings within their defined limitations contribute to reliable and efficient performance in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Can flexible couplings be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns?
Flexible couplings can be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns, but the selection of the appropriate coupling is crucial to ensure reliable performance and longevity under these extreme conditions. Here are some key considerations:
- Material Selection: The choice of materials is critical when using flexible couplings in high-temperature applications. Look for couplings made from heat-resistant materials that can withstand the elevated temperatures without experiencing significant degradation. Common materials used for high-temperature couplings include stainless steel, high-temperature alloys, and certain types of elastomers designed for heat resistance.
- Lubrication: High temperatures can cause lubricants to break down or evaporate more quickly. Some flexible couplings may require specialized high-temperature lubricants to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear at elevated temperatures. Check the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication in high-temperature environments.
- Thermal Expansion: In high-temperature applications, the equipment and shafts may experience thermal expansion, leading to misalignment. Flexible couplings with higher misalignment capabilities may be necessary to accommodate these thermal effects and prevent additional stress on the system.
- Torsional Stiffness: Consider the required torsional stiffness for the specific application. In high-temperature environments, couplings may experience changes in stiffness due to temperature variations. It is essential to choose a coupling with appropriate torsional characteristics for the intended operating temperature range.
- Application Specifics: Evaluate the specific operating conditions of the furnace or kiln, including the maximum and fluctuating temperatures, vibration levels, and potential exposure to chemicals or other harsh elements. Choose a coupling that can withstand these conditions without compromising performance or safety.
- Coupling Type: Different types of flexible couplings offer varying degrees of heat resistance and performance capabilities. For example, certain types of disc couplings or metal bellows couplings are more suitable for high-temperature environments due to their robust construction and resistance to heat.
- Regular Maintenance: In high-temperature applications, couplings may be subject to more stress and wear. Regular inspection and maintenance are essential to monitor the coupling’s condition, lubrication, and alignment to ensure it continues to function optimally in the challenging environment.
Overall, flexible couplings can be utilized in high-temperature environments, but it is vital to choose a coupling specifically designed and rated for these conditions. Working closely with coupling manufacturers and considering the specific demands of the application will help ensure that the selected coupling can handle the challenges posed by furnaces, kilns, and other high-temperature equipment, providing reliable power transmission and contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of the system.
Can flexible couplings be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in various applications. The versatility of flexible couplings allows them to adapt to different types of connections and meet the specific requirements of the system.
When connecting a motor to a shaft, a flexible coupling serves as an intermediary component that joins the motor shaft and the driven shaft. Flexible couplings are commonly used in motor-driven systems to accommodate misalignment between the motor and the driven load. In motor applications, flexible couplings help reduce stress and wear on the motor bearings, thus extending the motor’s life and enhancing overall system reliability. They also act as vibration dampeners, minimizing vibrations transmitted from the motor to the driven shaft, and subsequently to connected equipment, ensuring smoother operation.
In many mechanical systems, such as those in the manufacturing, automation, and power transmission industries, shaft-to-shaft connections are required. A flexible coupling can bridge the gap between two shafts and transmit torque while accommodating misalignment. This type of coupling is commonly used to connect shafts that are not perfectly aligned due to factors like manufacturing tolerances, thermal expansion, or foundation settling. By allowing for misalignment, the flexible coupling protects the connected components from excessive stresses and ensures efficient power transmission.
Versatility and Advantages:
The ability of flexible couplings to handle both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections makes them versatile solutions for a wide range of industrial applications. Some of the advantages of using flexible couplings in these connections include:
- Minimizing stress and wear on connected components, such as bearings and seals.
- Compensating for misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission.
- Damping vibrations and shock loads, reducing the risk of mechanical failures.
- Protecting equipment from excessive forces, enhancing system reliability.
- Simplifying installation and alignment procedures, reducing downtime.
- Improving overall system performance and operational efficiency.
Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, material handling, automotive, aerospace, robotics, and more. Whether connecting a motor to a shaft or joining two shafts directly, flexible couplings play a crucial role in enhancing the reliability and efficiency of rotating machinery and mechanical systems.
In conclusion, flexible couplings can effectively serve as connectors for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections, providing essential misalignment compensation and protection for connected equipment in various industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-01