GICLZ Type Drum Gear Coupling(JB/T 8854.3-2001)
This coupling d1 can also use J1 type shaft hole, spline shaft hole,and C1 value is the same as GICL type.
♦Main Dimension and Parameter
kN.m= Norminal Torque; rpm= Allowable speed of rotation; d1.d2= Diameter of shaft hole;
Y L= Length of shaft hole; kg.m²= Rotational inertia
1. The mass and moment of inertia of the coupling are approximated by the minimum diameter and maximum length of the shaft hole.
2. D2≥465mm, the sealing ring is bonded by circular section rubber strips.
3. The size of the shaft hole marked “*” in the table is suitable for half coupling (with flange).
4. Angular compensation of 1°30′ is allowed.
5. The allowable radial compensation amount△ Y =0.0262A.
♦Other Products List
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
HangZhou CZPT Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
Raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→ Packing→ Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop the new model when there is new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing various series of couplings.
Q 2: Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks in PDF or AI format.
Q 3: How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1 pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A: 100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
Safety Considerations When Using Flexible Gear Couplings in Critical Applications
Flexible gear couplings are widely used in critical applications where safety and reliability are of utmost importance. While these couplings are designed to accommodate misalignments and reduce vibrations, there are some safety considerations to keep in mind:
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the flexible gear coupling is installed correctly according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Improper installation can lead to premature failure and safety hazards.
- Regular Inspection: Perform regular inspections and maintenance to identify any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Addressing issues promptly can prevent unexpected failures.
- Torque and Speed Ratings: Adhere to the specified torque and speed ratings of the coupling. Operating the coupling beyond its limits can lead to catastrophic failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the environmental conditions in which the coupling will operate. Factors such as temperature, humidity, and the presence of corrosive substances can impact the coupling’s performance and safety.
- Emergency Stop Mechanism: In critical applications, it is essential to have an emergency stop mechanism in place to quickly disengage the coupling during emergencies.
- Overload Protection: Implement overload protection systems to prevent excessive torque transmission, which could cause damage to connected equipment.
- Periodic Maintenance: Follow a regular maintenance schedule to ensure that the coupling remains in optimal condition and to identify any potential safety risks.
- Training and Awareness: Ensure that personnel operating and maintaining the equipment are adequately trained and aware of the safety considerations related to the flexible gear coupling.
By adhering to these safety considerations and following best practices, the use of flexible gear couplings in critical applications can contribute to safe and reliable operation, reducing the risk of downtime and costly failures.
Comparison of Flexible Gear Couplings with Diaphragm Couplings and Beam Couplings
Flexible gear couplings, diaphragm couplings, and beam couplings are all types of flexible couplings used in mechanical power transmission systems. Each type has its unique characteristics and advantages:
- Flexible Gear Couplings: These couplings consist of gear teeth that mesh together to transmit torque. They are known for their high torque capacity, ability to accommodate misalignment, and torsional stiffness. Flexible gear couplings are commonly used in heavy machinery, such as industrial conveyors and mining equipment, where high torque and misalignment compensation are required.
- Diaphragm Couplings: Diaphragm couplings utilize a thin metal diaphragm to transmit torque between the shafts. They are ideal for applications that demand high precision and no backlash. Diaphragm couplings offer excellent torsional rigidity and can handle axial, angular, and parallel misalignments. They are often used in precision machinery, robotics, and medical equipment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings consist of one or more helical cuts along a cylindrical coupling body. They are known for their flexibility, zero backlash, and compact design. Beam couplings can handle misalignment and are suitable for applications with limited space, such as small motors and positioning systems.
The choice between flexible gear couplings, diaphragm couplings, and beam couplings depends on the specific requirements of the application:
- Flexible gear couplings are preferred for high-torque and heavy-duty applications with substantial misalignments.
- Diaphragm couplings excel in applications where precision and backlash-free operation are critical.
- Beam couplings are suitable for compact systems and applications with limited misalignment.
Each type of coupling has its strengths and limitations, and selecting the most appropriate one depends on factors like torque requirements, misalignment, precision, space constraints, and environmental conditions. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or experts can help in making the right choice for a specific application.
Proper Installation of Flexible Gear Couplings for Optimal Performance and Reliability
Proper installation of a flexible gear coupling is crucial to ensure its optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here are the steps to follow for a successful installation:
- Inspect the Coupling: Before installation, carefully inspect the coupling components, including the hubs, gear teeth, and flexible element, for any damage or defects.
- Clean the Components: Ensure that all components are clean and free from dirt, debris, and any contaminants that could affect the coupling’s performance.
- Check Alignment: Verify that the shafts of the connected equipment are properly aligned within the manufacturer’s recommended tolerances. Misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling.
- Grease or Lubricate: Apply the appropriate coupling lubricant or grease to the gear teeth and the flexible element. Lubrication helps reduce friction, heat generation, and wear.
- Assemble the Coupling: Carefully assemble the coupling by aligning the gear teeth of the hubs and the internal sleeve. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct orientation and positioning.
- Tighten Fasteners: Gradually tighten the fasteners, such as bolts or screws, in a cross-pattern to ensure even pressure distribution. Do not overtighten, as it can cause deformation of the coupling components.
- Perform a Trial Run: After installation, perform a trial run to check for any abnormalities, unusual noises, or vibrations. Monitor the coupling during the trial run to detect any potential issues.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule to inspect and lubricate the coupling periodically. Follow the manufacturer’s maintenance guidelines to ensure the coupling’s continued performance and reliability.
- Replace Worn Components: If any components of the coupling show signs of wear or damage during maintenance inspections, replace them promptly to prevent further issues.
It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions and guidelines specific to the flexible gear coupling model to achieve the best results. Proper installation enhances the coupling’s ability to handle misalignment, transmit torque efficiently, and ensure reliable operation in the power transmission system.
editor by CX 2023-09-11